Re: View taking time to show records

On Thu, 2022-03-24 at 15:59 +0000, Kumar, Mukesh wrote:
> We have recently migrated from Oracle to PostgreSQL on version 11.4 on azure postgres PaaS instance.
>
> There is 1 query which is taking approx. 10 secs in Oracle and when we ran the same query it is taking approx. 1 min
>
> Can anyone suggest to improve the query as from application end 1 min time is not accepted by client.
>
> Please find the query and explain analyze report from below link
>
> https://explain.depesz.com/s/RLJn#stats

I would split the query in two parts: the one from line 3 to line 49 of your execution plan,
and the rest.  The problem is the bad estimate of that first part, so execute only that, write
the result to a temporary table and ANALYZE that.  Then execute the rest of the query using that
temporary table.

Perhaps it is also enough to blindly disable nested loop joins for the whole query, rather than
doing the right thing and fixing the estimates:

BEGIN;
SET LOCAL enable_nestloop = off;
SELECT ...;
COMMIT;