Re: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend (PG 13.4)

On Tue, Mar 01, 2022 at 04:28:31PM +0000, ldh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Now, there is an additional component I think... Storage is on an array and I am not getting a clear answer as to where it is 😊 Is it possible that something is happening at the storage layer? Could that be reported as a network issue vs a storage issue for Postgres?

No.  If there were an error with storage, it'd be reported as a local error,
and the query would fail, rather than failing with client-server communication.

> Also, both machines are actually VMs. I forgot to mention that and not sure if that's relevant.

Are they running on the same hypervisor ?  Is that hyperv ?
Lacking other good hypotheses, that does seem relevant.

--
Justin