Re: Performance for initial copy when using pg_logical to upgrade Postgres

I'm currently doing this with a 2.2 TB database.

Best way IMO is to (UPDATE pg_index SET indisready = false ... ) for non PK indexes for the largest tables. Then just set it back to indisready = true after its done and run a REINDEX CONCURRENTLY on the indexes that were disabled.

Got about a transfer speed of 100GB per 50 minutes with this method with consistent results.