Re: Why HDD performance is better than SSD in this case

Hi Neto,

In a great piece of timing my new experimental SSD arrived (WD Black 500 G 3D NAND MVME) [1]. Doing some runs of query 9:

- default config: 7 minutes

- work_mem=1G, max_parallel_workers_per_gather=4: 3-4 minutes

Increasing either of these much more got me OOM errors (16 G of ram). Anyway, enjoy your benchmarking!

Cheers
Mark

[1] Yeah - I know this is a 'do not use me in production' type of SSD. It is however fine for prototyping and DSS scenario run type use.