Re: Speed differences between two servers

On Mon, 8 May 2017 17:35:38 -0600
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Without seeing what your test sql file does I have no idea what the
> big difference in the other direction.

It truncates 59 tables, copies data back from a set of text files, inserts a few single records and does a few select setval('') to reset the serial columns.

here it is :
https://pastebin.com/LVsvFzkj

>You'll have to pull out and run
> the individual queries, or turn on auto explain or something to see
> the plans and compare.

I used log_duration; it shows that the truncate and all the \copy are much slower, while all insert/select statements are twice as fast

>A lot of time it's just some simple tuning in
> postgresql.conf or maybe a database got an alter database on it to
> change something?

Server setups are identical : same software, same configurations, same databases.

I've put in a ticket at the Online provider with the data to see if they have an answer (now 14H00 in Paris, so they may take a while to respond)

--
					Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://compta.libremen.com
Logiciel libre de comptabilité générale en partie double