Re: Seeing execution plan of foreign key constraint check?

On 7/22/16 3:37 AM, Robert Klemme wrote:
I am wondering what to do if the same statement has multiple execution
plans if that is possible in such a scenario. Present all the plans or
just the one with the highest impact? Show them next to each other so
the user is immediately aware that all these plans originated from the
same piece of SQL?

plpgsql runs all it's stuff via SPI, which can replan queries. So yes, I think it's necessary to deal with that.

That said, if we only kept the most expensive X plans from a given function, that could handle both cases.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461