Re: extremly bad select performance on huge table

Hi,

with a cursor the behaviour is the same. So I would like to ask a more general question:

My client needs to receive data from a huge join. The time the client waits for being able to fetch the first row is very long. When the retrieval starts after about 10 mins, the client itself is I/O bound so it is not able to catch up the elapsed time.

My workaround was to build a queue of small joins (assuming the huge join delivers 10 mio rows I now have 10000 joins delivering 1000 rows ). So the general question is: Is there a better solution then my crude workaround?

Thank you

Hi Kevin,

this is what I need (I think). Hopefully a cursor can operate on a join. Will read docu now.

Thanks!

Björn