Re: 60 core performance with 9.3

On 12/07/14 01:19, Kevin Grittner wrote:

It might be worth a test using a cpuset to interleave OS cache and
the NUMA patch I submitted to the current CF to see whether this is
getting into territory where the patch makes a bigger difference.
I would expect it to do much better than using numactl --interleave
because work_mem and other process-local memory would be allocated
in "near" memory for each process.

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1402267501.41111.YahooMailNeo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Kevin - I did try this out - seemed slightly better than using --interleave, but almost identical to the results posted previously.

However looking at my postgres binary with ldd, I'm not seeing any link to libnuma (despite it demanding the library whilst building), so I wonder if my package build has somehow vanilla-ified the result :-(

Also I am guessing that with 60 cores I do:

$ sudo /bin/bash -c "echo 0-59 >/dev/cpuset/postgres/cpus"

i.e cpus are cores not packages...? If I've stuffed it up I'll redo!

Cheers

Mark