Re: How clustering for scale out works in PostgreSQL

On 08/29/2013 09:42 AM, bsreejithin wrote:

The performance test that was conducted was for 1 Hour.

There are 6 transactions. 2 DB inserts and 4 SELECTs.
Every 2 minutes there will be 4 SELECTs. And every 3 minutes there will be 2
DB inserts.

This shouldn't be a problem with proper hardware and a connection pooler. The concern isn't the 1000 sessions, it is the creating and destroying in rapid succession of 1000 connections. A connection pooler will resolve that issue.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579