Re: In progress INSERT wrecks plans on table

mark.kirkwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03.05.2013 00:19:
I think the idea of telling postgres that we are doing a load is probably
the wrong way to go about this. We have a framework that tries to
automatically figure out the best plans...I think some more thought about
how to make that understand some of the more subtle triggers for a
time-to-do-new-plans moment is the way to go. I understand this is
probably hard - and may imply some radical surgery to how the stats
collector and planner interact.

I wonder if "freezing" (analyze, then disable autovacuum) the statistics for the large number of rows would work.