Re: In progress INSERT wrecks plans on table

On 02/05/13 02:06, Tom Lane wrote:
Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I am concerned that the deafening lack of any replies to my original
message is a result of folk glancing at your original quick reply and
thinking... incomplete problem spec...ignore... when that is not that
case - yes I should have muttered "9.2" in the original email, but we
have covered that now.
No, I think it's more that we're trying to get to beta, and so anything
that looks like new development is getting shuffled to folks' "to
look at later" queues.  The proposed patch is IMO a complete nonstarter
anyway; but I'm not sure what a less bogus solution would look like.

Yeah, I did think that beta might be consuming everyone's attention (of course immediately *after* sending the email)!

And yes, the patch was merely to illustrate the problem rather than any serious attempt at a solution.

Regards

Mark