Re: queries are fast after dump->restore but slow again after some days dispite vacuum

Are you running a lot of full table updates?
If you mean updates which are applied on every or almost every row of
the table - yes, it happens with two rather small tables of max. 10
000 rows. But they are both not touched by the query with this big
performance difference.
I'm not an expert, but would it help to change fillfactor to about 45%? I'm just guessing that full table updates with fillfactor=45% could store the rows on the same page. Maybe I'm wrong.