Re: queries are fast after dump->restore but slow again after some days dispite vacuum

On 07/19/2012 07:33 AM, Felix Scheicher wrote:
Hi, I am running a 9.1 server at Ubuntu. When I upgraded to the current version
I did a pg_dump followed by pg_restore and found that the db was much faster.
But slowed down again after two days. I did the dump-restore again and could now
compare the two (actually identical) databases. This is a query of the old one
directly after a VACUUM ANALYSE:

No matter how much I vacuum or analyse the slow db, I don't get it faster.
I also checked for dead tuples - there are none.

Try running CLUSTER on the relevant tables and see if it makes a difference. If it does you might want to look into using pg_reorg periodically.

cheers

andrew