Re: Gin index insert performance issue

I disabled fastupdate on the gin index. looks it solved my problem, at least for now. Thanks a lot for your help Jesper!
------------------------------
Thanks for the reply. Your index is much larger than mine..so I see some light. :)

ÓÚ 2012/3/13 14:29, Jesper Krogh дµÀ:

Our solution is to turn "fastupdate" off for our gin-indices.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-createindex.html
Can also be set with ALTER TABLE ALTER INDEX
I will check and try that.

I would have preferred a "backend local" batch-update process so it
could batch up everything from its own transaction instead of interferring
with other transactions.
have you tested if there is any performance boot for backend batch-update comparing the real time updates?

I would say, that we came from Xapian and the PG-index is a way better
fit for our application. The benefits of having the fts index next to
all the
other data saves a significant amount of development time in the
application
both in terms of development and maintaince. (simpler, easier and more
manageble).
Yes, that's why I'm still looking for the improvment inside pg. This is really a big dev/maint saver.

--
Jesper