Re: unlogged tables

My table is a statistics counters table, so I can live with a partial data
loss, but not with a full data loss because many counters are weekly and
monthly.

Unlogged table can increase speed, this table has about 1.6 millions of
update per hour, but unlogged with a chance of loss all information on a
crash are not a good idea for this.

You could use an unlogged table for hourly updates, and periodically, accumulate those counters to a (logged) daily/weekly table...

The hourly table could be rebuilt by examining only 1 hour's worth of data, so it isn't too much of a problem if it's lost. The other tables would get much less updates.