Re: : Create table taking time

Venkat Balaji <venkat.balaji@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We had performed VACUUM FULL and ANALYZE on the whole database.

Since you don't mention REINDEX, it seems likely that you've bloated
your indexes (potentially including the indexes on system tables).
That could lead to the symptoms you describe.

> Yes, the CPU is ticking at 99-100% when i see the top command.
>
> But, we have 8 CPUs with 6 cores each.

If you've pegged 48 CPUs, it might be interesting to get a profile
of where the time is being spent.  Are you able to run oprofile or
something similar?

-Kevin