Re: Postgres refusing to use >1 core

It's always good to hear when these things work out. Thanks for
reporting back.

Using the set-based nature of relational databases to your advantage,
writing smarter queries that do more work server-side with fewer
round-trips, and effective batching can make a huge difference.

Glad I could be a good digital citizen! :-)

Correction: it's going to run for significantly more than 2 hours, but far less than 30 hours!

I'm loving seeing the CPU meter showing all 8 of my (fake) cores being pounded mercilessly!

Aren