Re: How to boost performance of queries containing pattern matching characters

> The closest you can do is something like Artur's option (or the pg_trgm
> module - handy since you are looking at 3-chars and up) to select likely
> matches combined with a separate search on '%domain.com%' to confirm
> that fact.

Thanks for your suggestion.  Our production server is currently running
PostgreSQL v8.2.3.  I think pg_trgm contrib module is not available for 8.2
series.

Also, I read about WildSpeed - fast wildcard search for LIKE operator.  What
is your opinion on that?
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/wiki/wildspeed