Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...

Kevin Grittner wrote:
Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe we can agree to remove that ridiculous "we don't want hints"
note from Postgresql wiki?
I'd be against that. This is rehashed less frequently since that
went in.  Less wasted time and bandwidth with it there.

Well, the problem will not go away. As I've said before, all other databases have that feature and none of the reasons listed here convinced me that everybody else has a crappy optimizer. The problem may go away altogether if people stop using PostgreSQL.
That would make it look less like , hmph, philosophical issue and
more "not yet implemented" issue,
Exactly what we don't want.
Who is "we"?

--