Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...

grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Here is the fun part.   When running 8 threads spinning calculating square
> roots (using the stress package), the full scan returned consistently 60%
> faster than the machine with no load.

Possibly the synchronized-seqscans logic kicking in, resulting in this
guy not having to do all his own I/Os.  It would be difficult to make
any trustworthy conclusions about performance in such cases from a view
of only one process's results --- you'd need to look at the aggregate
behavior to understand what's happening.

			regards, tom lane