Re: Slow count(*) again...

 On 10/13/2010 8:12 AM, Greg Smith wrote:
The work incorporating a more stable XFS into RHEL started with xfsprogs
3.0.1-6 going into Fedora 11, and 3.1.X would represent a current
release.  So your Ubuntu kernel is two major improvement releases
behind, 3.0 and 3.1 were the upgrades to xfsprogs where things really
got going again making that code modern and solid.  Ubuntu Lucid
switched to 3.1.0, RHEL6 will probably ship 3.1.0 too.

I am afraid that my management will not let me use anything that doesn't exist as a RPM package in the current Red Hat distribution. No Ubuntu, no Fedora, no manual linking. There will always be that ominous question: how many other companies are using XFS? From the business perspective, questions like that make perfect sense.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA