Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions

Yeb Havinga wrote:
Greg Smith wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
So has anyone looked at porting MythTV to PG?

Periodically someone hacks together something that works, last big effort I'm aware of was in 2006, and then it bit rots away. I'm sure we'd get some user uptake on the result--MySQL corruption is one of the top ten cause of a MythTV system crashing.
It would be the same with PG, unless the pg cluster configuration with mythtv would come with a properly configured WAL - I had corrupted tables (and a personal wiki entry
forgot to add "how to fix the corrupted tables", sorry
(the other mysql database in my house) *only* when I sometimes took the risk of not shutting down the machine properly when e.g. the remote was missing).

regards,
Yeb Havinga