Re: Block at a time ...

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Scott Carey <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Its fairly easy to break.  Just do a parallel import with say, 16 concurrent tables being written to at once.  Result?  Fragmented tables.

Fwiw I did do some investigation about this at one point and could not
demonstrate any significant fragmentation. But that was on Linux --
different filesystem implementations would have different success
rates. And there could be other factors as well such as how full the
fileystem is or how old it is.

--
greg