Re: Deferred constraint and delete performance

2010/2/10 Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Franck Routier <franck.routier@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I am wondering if deferring foreign key constraints (instead of
> disableing them) would increase performance, compared to non deferred
> constraints

No, it wouldn't make any noticeable difference AFAICS.  It would
postpone the work from end-of-statement to end-of-transaction,
but not make the work happen any more (or less) efficiently.

What about disc access? Won't "working" with one table, then another be faster than working with both at the same time?