Re: Seeking performance advice and explanation for high I/O on 8.3

Scott Otis wrote:
I agree that they don't make sense - part of the reason I am looking for help :)

I am using iostat to get those numbers ( which I specify to average over 5 min then collect to display in Cacti ).

2 processes are taking up a good deal of CPU - the postgres stats collector and autovacuum ones. Both of those are using a lot of 1 core each.

I am not familiar with a dd test - what is that?

Thanks,

Scott