Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server

Hi, "Peter Sheats" <psheats@xxxxxxxxxx> writes: > I’m about to set up a large instance on Amazon EC2 to be our DB server. > > Before we switch to using it in production I would like to simulate some load on it so that I know what it can handle and so that I can make sure I have the > optimal settings in the config file. > > What is the best strategy out there for doing this? Does anyone know of some resource that talks about doing this? I'd recommand having a look at tsung which will be able to replay a typical application scenario with as many concurrent users as you want to: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2008-12/msg00032.php
 http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/
 http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/tsung.html

If you want to replay your logs at the current production speed and
concurrency, see Playr.
 https://area51.myyearbook.com/trac.cgi/wiki/Playr

Regards,
--