Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception

> Probably the best solution is to just tell the kernel somehow to never
> kill the postmaster.

This thread interested me enough to research this a bit.

In linux, it's possible to tell the OOM killer never to consider
certain processes for the axe, using /proc magic.  See this page:
http://linux-mm.org/OOM_Killer

Perhaps this should be in the PostgreSQL docs somewhere?

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx