Re: Incorrect estimates on correlated filters

On Aug 13, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Chris Kratz wrote:
Yes, I know hints are frowned upon around here. Though, I'd love to have them or something equivalent on this particular query just so the customer can run their important reports. As it is, it's unrunnable.

Actually, now that I think about it the last time this was brought up there was discussion about something that doesn't force a particular execution method, but instead provides improved information to the planner. It might be worth pursuing that, as I think there was less opposition to it.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx