Re: 12 disks raid setup

Greg Smith wrote:

The only real downside of md RAID is that if you lose the boot device it can be tricky to get the system to start again; hardware RAID hides that little detail from the BIOS. Make sure you simulate a failure of the primary boot drive and are comfortable with recovering from that situation before you go into production with md.

+1

I usually ensure there is a separate /boot that is setup RAID1 (with md using all the disks for the RAID1 - so the I can keep the partition map the same for all the disks, otherwise it is fiddly!)

Cheers

Mark

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster