Re: 12 disks raid setup

On Feb 29, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Franck Routier wrote:

my Raid controller is an Adaptec 31205 SAS/RAID controller. The battery
was an option, but I didn't know it at purchase time. So I have no
battery, but the whole system is on an UPS.

Go find one on ebay or google search, and plug it in. Adaptec batteries just snap in and sometimes have a bracket to clip them in place.

Your performance will be awful without one since you can't safely write cache. Also, if your card has upgradable RAM (but I've never seen an adaptec card which could) max it out.