Re: More shared buffers causes lower performances

"Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Tom Lane escribió:
>
>> Currently the docs say that --enable-cassert
>>
>>          Enables <firstterm>assertion</> checks in the server, which test for
>>          many <quote>cannot happen</> conditions.  This is invaluable for
>>          code development purposes, but the tests slow things down a little.
>>
>> Maybe we ought to put that more strongly --- s/a little/significantly/,
>> perhaps?
>
> I don't think it will make any difference, because people don't read
> configure documentation.  They read configure --help.

Fwiw I think you're all getting a bit caught up in this one context. While the
slowdown is significant when you take out the stopwatch, under normal
interactive use you're not going to notice your queries being especially slow.

--
  Gregory Stark

       match