Multi-threading friendliness (was: libgcc double-free, backend won't die)

Bruce Momjian wrote:
James Mansion wrote:
I think you have your head in the ground, but its your perogative.
*You* might not care, but anyone wanting to use thread-aware libraries
(and I'm *not* talking about threading in any Postgres code) will
certainly value it if they can do so with some stability.

I suggest you find out the cause of your problem and then we can do more
research.  Talking about us changing the Postgres behavior from the
report of one user who doesn't even have the full details isn't
productive.

I think you're confusing James Mansion with me (Craig James).  I'm the one with the unresolved problem.

James is suggesting, completely independently of whether or not there's a bug in my system, that a thread-friendly option for Postgres would be very useful.

Don't confuse thread-friendly with a threaded implemetation of Postgres itself.  These are two separate questions.  Thread-friendly involves compile/link options that don't affect the Postgres source code at all.

Craig

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate