Re: TEXT or LONGTEXT?

On 9/24/07, Fabiola Fernández <fabiola.fg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> I have a database with an amount of tables and in several of them I have an> attribute for a semantic definition, for which I use a field of type text. I> am trying to decide if it would be worth using LONGTEXT instead of TEXT, as> maybe it would slow down the data insertion and extraction. I hope that you> could help me. Thank you.
Easy choice -- PostgreSQL does not have a data type named "longtext".
Alexander.
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq