asynchronous commit feature

I'm testing the new asynch commit feature on various raid
configurations and my early findings is that it reduces the impact of
keeping wal and data on the same volume.  I have 10 disks to play
with, and am finding that it's faster to do a 10 drive raid 10 rather
than 8 drive raid 10 + two drive wal.

anybody curious about the results, feel free to drop a line.  I think
this will be a popular feature.

merlin

               http://archives.postgresql.org