Re: Autovacuum is running forever

On 8/21/07, Sachchida Ojha <sojha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there any data corruption/damage to the database if we forcefully
> kill autovacuum using cron job (if it is running longer than a
> predefined time frame).

Not really.  but vacuum will just have to run that long again plus
some the next time it starts up.

Again, it's better to run vacuum more often not less often, and keep
the cost_delay high enough that it doesn't interfere with your I/O.
however, that will make it run even longer.

               http://archives.postgresql.org