Re: Performance problems with large telemetric datasets on 7.4.2

2007/8/5, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I don't remember a bug like that. Where did you read that from?

--
  Heikki Linnakangas
  EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Partially I found that one in the PostgreSQL Documentation for the 7.x.x versions under the command REINDEX where they claim that you should run a reindex under certain circumstances and for my comprehension this says that with some access pattern (as ours (major writes / one big delete per day)) the index may be corrupted or otherwise not really useful.

Sven Clement