Re: TRUNCATE TABLE

Kevin Grittner wrote:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at  7:18 PM, in message <25418.1184631498@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Somehow, autovac is doing something that makes the filesystem go nuts
every so often, and take an astonishingly long time to create an empty
file.  But autovac itself doesn't create or delete any files, so what's
up here?
Have you ruled out checkpoints as the culprit?

That's a good question. I will do some more tests, but I also suspect fsync "cascading"
<http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0708.0/1435.html>.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq