Re: TRUNCATE TABLE

Tom Lane wrote:

Somehow, autovac is doing something that makes the filesystem go nuts
every so often, and take an astonishingly long time to create an empty
file.  But autovac itself doesn't create or delete any files, so what's
up here?

Also, I was able to reproduce the variability in timing on HPUX and
Darwin as well as Linux, so we can't put all the blame on ext3.
(I didn't drill down to the strace level on the other two machines,
though, so it's possible that there is a different mechanism at work
there.)

Any news since this message ? Should I file a bug report ?

Regards,

Adriaan van Os