Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

Campbell, Lance wrote:
> Now I am at the difficult part, what parameters to calculate and how to
> calculate them.  Everything below has to do with PostgreSQL version 8.2:
>

> The parameters I would think we should calculate are:
>
> max_connections
>
> shared_buffers
>
> work_mem
>
> maintenance_work_mem
>
> effective_cache_size
>
> random_page_cost
>

> Any other variables?  I am open to suggestions.

we also should scale max_fsm_pages according to the database size and
workload answers - I also note that the configuration file it generates
seems to look like on for PostgreSQL 7.x or something - I think we
should just include the specific parameters to change.

Stefan