Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

At 4:35p -0400 on 19 Jun 2007, Lance Campbell wrote:
The parameters I would think we should calculate are:
max_connections
shared_buffers
work_mem
maintenance_work_mem
effective_cache_size
random_page_cost

From an educational/newb standpoint, I notice that the page currently spews out a configuration file completely in line with what's currently there, comments and all. May I suggest highlighting what has been altered, perhaps above or below the textbox? It would make it immediately obvious, and easier to add an explanation of the thought process involved. Something like

What's changed from the default:

<li>
</li>
<li>
</li>

Not something that necessarily needs to be spelled out in the .conf file, but would, IMVHO, help minimally educate.

Kevin