Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access

Francisco Reyes wrote:

I have a setup with several databases (the largest of which is 1TB database) and I do a nightly vacuum analyze for ALL databases. It takes about 22 hours. And this is with constant updates to the large 1TB database. This is with Postgresql 8.1.3

22h nightly? Wow, you have long nights ;-).

On a serious note, the index vacuum improvements in 8.2 might help you to cut that down. You seem to be happy with your setup, but I thought I'd mention it..

--
  Heikki Linnakangas