Re: WAL shipping and ever expanding pg_xlog

On 6/13/07, Michael Dengler <michael.dengler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK....it looks like the slave machine has run out of space and that caused
the xlog files to pile up on the master.

Still...how do I prevent such all of the shipped WAL segments from remaining
on the slave machine? Do I need to retain every single one? Can they be
safely removed after the slave machine has restored the particular segment?

Are you using the pg_standy utility?  It has options to control this...

merlin