Re: Strangely Variable Query Performance

Steve <cheetah@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On a Postgres 8.2.3 server, I've got a query that is running very slow in
> some cases.

Could we see the exact definition of that table and its indexes?
It looks like the planner is missing the bitmap scan for some reason,
but I've not seen a case like that before.

Also, I assume the restriction on receipt date is very nonselective?
It doesn't seem to have changed the estimated rowcount much.

			regards, tom lane