Re: [kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Progress on scaling of FreeBSD on 8 CPU systems]

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Interesting -- the MySQL/Linux graph is very similar to the graphs from
the .nl magazine posted last year.  I think this suggests that the
"MySQL deficiency" was rather a performance bug in Linux, not in MySQL
itself ...

The latest benchmark we did was both with Solaris and Linux on the same box, both showed such a drop. So I doubt its "not in MySQL", although it might be possible to fix the load MySQL's usage pattern poses on a system, via the OS. And since MySQL 5.0.32 is less bad than 4.1.22 on that system. We didn't have time to test 5.0.25 again, but .32 scaled better, so at least some of the scaling issues where actually fixed in MySQL itself.

Best regards,

Arjen