Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL

On Monday 16 October 2006 16:37, Carlo Stonebanks wrote:

> The facility_address_id is null statement is necessary, as this is a
> sub-query from a union clause and I want to optimise the query with
> the original logic intact. The value is not hard coded to true but
> rather to null.

Heh, you neglect to mention that this query is discovering faculty who
do *not* have an address entry, which makes the "is null" a major
necessity.  With that, how did a "not exists (blabla faculty_address
blabla)" subquery to get the same effect treat you?  How about an "IN
(blabla LIMIT 1)" ?

--

Shaun Thomas
Database Administrator