Re: Hardware upgraded but performance still ain't good

Have you ever actually had that happen?  I havn't and I've called
support for a number of different issues for various commercial
software.  In the end it might boil down to some distribution-specific
issue that they're not willing to fix but honestly that's pretty rare.

Very rare, if you are using a reputable vendor.

even many of the companies that offer support for postgres have this problem. the explination is always that they can't test every distro out there so they pick a few and support those (this is one of the reasons why

Ahh and which companies would these be? As a representative of the most prominent one in the US I can tell you that you are not speaking from a knowledgeable position.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/