Re: Selects query stats?

What I am looking for is that our DB is doing X selects a min.

Turning on logging isn't an option as it will create too much IO in our enviornment.

Regards,
Dan Gorman

On May 23, 2006, at 11:15 AM, Mischa Sandberg wrote:

Dan Gorman wrote:
All,
I might be completely crazy here, but it seems every other database exposes select query stats. Postgres only exposes updates/ deletes/inserts. Is there something I am missing here?

Perhaps.

You can EXPLAIN ANALYZE a SELECT, just like i/u/d -- but then you
don't get the normal result set back. Is that what you mean?

You can turn on log_min_duration_statement and get total SELECT duration
logged.

There's a thread in pgsql-hackers ("Re: Porting MSSQL to PGSQL: trace and profile") about server-side logging of query plans and stats (for all four of s/i/u/d), which is indeed not there in PG.

--
Engineers think that equations approximate reality.
Physicists think that reality approximates the equations.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq