Re: Postgres gets stuck

"Craig A. James" <cjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> My suspicion is that it's an incompatibility between malloc()
> libraries.

On Linux there's only supposed to be one malloc, ie, glibc's version.
On other platforms I'd be worried about threaded vs non-threaded libc
(because the backend is not threaded), but not Linux.

There may be a more basic threading problem here, though, rooted in the
precise fact that the backend isn't threaded.  If you're trying to use
any libraries that assume they can have multiple threads, I wouldn't be
at all surprised to see things go boom.  C++ exception handling could be
problematic too.

Or it could be a garden variety glibc bug.  How up-to-date is your
platform?

			regards, tom lane