Re: Large (8M) cache vs. dual-core CPUs

Have a look at this Wikipedia page which outlines some differences between the AMD and Intel versions of 64-bit :

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EM64T

It isn't only Postgres. I work on a number of other server applications
that also run much faster on Opterons than the published benchmark
figures would suggest they should. They're all compiled with gcc4,
so possibly there's a compiler issue. I don't run Windows on any
of our Opteron boxes so I can't easily compare using the MS compiler.