Re: Recovery will take 10 hours

Hi Tomas,

Hmm... ktrace -p PID -c returns immediately without doing anything unless I've previously done a ktrace -p PID.

According to the man page for ktrace's -c flag:
-c Clear the trace points associated with the specified file or processes.

When I run ktrace on OS X Server 10.4.6 it returns to the console immediately, however the ktrace.out file gets larger and larger until I issue another ktrace command with the -c flag. It never sits waiting for keyboard input.

I haven't been able to find any way of generating the stats yet. The man page for ktrace or kdump doesn't mention anything about stats.

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE